Thread: Current status
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #51
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
When Prolific releases the new version, it will be called 2.6. It will include all the other versions (MD, Time, Widescreen, etc.), plus the two new fish. I don't know what's holding it up, but I'm going to their year-end-gathering tomorrow, and will ask.  
Great!

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
You can always tell exactly what version you are running by hitting the A key, then clicking on the Version number. The actual build number will then appear.  
That's valuable information. What does N808.2.0.6418 signify? That's the number I get with the latest download.

BUT - what I really wanted to know is how I tell (from either the download site or from the downloaded file) what the downloaded version is? It's not entirely useful to know that I'm currently running N808.2.0.6418 if I don't know whether something newer is available for installation.

AND - I do realize that you don't control any of those things. I'm not blaming you - just pointing out that I can't totally make sense of what Prolific is distributing - or the information on the Serenescreen web site.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote