Thread: Current status
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #48
Dale
Banned

Who, where, how?

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I think Prolific plans to announce the new fish by the end of the week.  
OK, I used Marine Aquarium starting in 2003, but I quit using it a few months ago when the "Close last active application on mouse move" problem became too much for me to stand. But I thought perhaps there was/is a new version. So, would somebody please answer the following questions that don't seem to be otherwise answered in any documentation:

A. How do I tell what version I am running?

B. If I go to the Prolific site, I see Marine Aquarium 2.5 listed - but clicking on the link takes me to Serenescreen where I can download 2.0 - or at least that's what it says. It's the same byte count that I could download 6 months ago, whatever version that is. MAquarium-V2.exe 1,363,095 bytes

C. In 2004, I downloaded MAquarium-V2-MD.exe (1,651,950 bytes). I'm confused about whether this (MD) is different/better/worse/older/newer than the version(s) being distributed by Prolific/Serenescreen.

I'm fairly certain that the answers to those questions are somewhere in this forum, but I'm at a loss to find the time to search for them.

D. Has the "Close last application on mouse move" problem ever been resolved? There was a thread about it several months ago, that I participated in, but it turned out that none of the suggested fixes actually fixed my problem. So, I gave up and uninstalled MA - but I would sure like to be using it again.

Thanks.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote