Thread: Current status
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #44
Nakata
Registered

Well,
If it's going to be a quote-a-thon:

Originally posted by feldon29:
You demand a 1400 x 1050 resolution background suitable for YOUR computer. The Aquarium was not designed for you. It was designed for everyone.  
Ehh... no. Not at all. I demand nothing unique to my iMac. 1680 x 1050 resolution has been the default standard on all 20" iMacs which have ever been shipped.

My bold and large font response is clear -- there IS a widescreen background that you purport doesn't exist. It simply is not at the resolution you desire.  
And there is a clear difference between scaling a smaller image to fit a default (shipping) resolution and having a native image available in said resolution.

Jim Sachs, developer, author, artist, etc. of the Aquarium, is not responsible for the Macintosh product. He created the background, fish, and animation.  
I don't even mention him... so? He does great work.

Development of a new fish takes approximately 1 day.  
Huh? No way can this be accurate. I'd have expected more fish by this day and age. (And would/will be glad to pay for them.)

If you have concerns about the development of the Macintosh product, take it up with Order-N-Dev, the firm that did the translation.
P.S. I am not official SereneScreen tech support.  
I have... and they say it lays with Mr. Jim Sachs (they just do the porting). You'll note that it's Mr. Jim Sachs' name which is across the bottom of the background in the lower left of the screen. I would take that to mean he created the original background and he would be the one to modify it for today's larger monitors.

I don't see why I'm viewed as such a pariah when all I want is an update once a year (at most) to address issues such as this. Not to mention I'd be happy to pay for them.

Adam
Nakata is offline   Reply With Quote