View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #7
edaniels
Goldfish Aquarium Developer

Drfish wants an indian jungle palace... (Sounds great! I'll do some research online to see if it gives me any visual ideas.)

Michael wants to know what took me so long to post... (It was sort of a combination of shyness and busyness... I wanted to make sure that whenever I did write, I'd have the time to write right. Then I figured: heck with it! ...and just jumped in.)

Liath is fine with GA as is, but warns me that Jim's next product might give me a run for my money... (too true; I've seen bits of it, and I think it's going to set a new standard. I'd better go take some classes in plumbing or something...)

Clint: control over background colors, more Freidas, bogwood & such, no teleportation... (All good suggestions. I've been experimenting with a petrified wood background piece; how's that sound? But I'll also look into bogwood...)

James thinks the tail movement not quite right... (I'll still work on that. What I'm aiming for is a slightly simplified and caricatured version of the graceful beauty that those huge, six-inch fancy goldfish display. I isolate what strikes me about their movement, attempt to duplicate it in a mathematical equation, tweak the variables until it communicates as purely as possible what I love about the motion, then apply it to a 3d fish model. I still notice things in real goldfish, though, that I wish I had included. So I'll continue to refine the movement. If you could be more specific about what you're missing, that would be very helpful!)
----------------------------------
E R I C D A N I E L S, a n i m a t o r
Goldfish Aquarium Screensaver
----------------------------------
edaniels is offline   Reply With Quote