View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 09:56 AM   #1205
Inspector Dryfish
Registered

MD mode realism fix

Ok, I read through several hundred posts and then skipped ahead and found I'd gotten only halfway through this thread... so I'm just gonna make my suggestion and hope it wasn't one of the hundreds that I haven't read yet. Forgive me?

I have the Marine Aquarium 2MD version, and I love it, except for one thing: my monitors have bezels (as most monitors do), and the screensaver doesn't take that into account. The physical distance between the two display areas is not taken into account.

A fish approaches the edge of one screen and suddenly its face appears on the other screen, while its tail is on the first screen, but the 1.5-inch fish is stretched to 5-inches-plus, until it completely transits to the second screen.

What should happen is that the monitor bezels should be regarded as a feature/frame in the picture. Fish should be able to disappear behind them. Fish should not exist partly in one monitor and partly in the other unless they were already depicted that long. It would mean also hiding a portion of the background.

If some people prefer the way it works now, then the new real-dual-monitor mode could be optional. As well, I'd want to see a user setting for the width of bezels -- really, you'd only need one setting for "width-of-bezel-gap"... the user can grab their own tape-measure and measure the actual distance between their own monitor 1 and monitor 2 display areas. Some new LCD panels have very skinny bezels, while big old CRTs have very thick ones, so a user-settable width would be useful.

Anyway, I really love the look of this screensaver (it's the first one I ever liked enough to actually buy -- and it cost me more than $50 cuz I bought the Windoze PLUS Pack first, only to find out that all I had was a demo that I could have downloaded...
So, I'm sorry about the money I wasted on Uncle Bill, but I think that the money I sent to serenescreen was well spent. My cube gets tons of visitors to admire the fish, and I've got my screensaver start delay down to 3 minutes.

Cheers
Inspector Dryfish is offline   Reply With Quote