View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 01:38 PM   #54
FishyBusiness
Registered

1 Highscore

Re: Artifact + Banding

Well, I just noticed that a new version was out so I never had the opportunity to see the artifact that everone is talking about.

I have a GeForce 2 GTS 32MB DDR with a KDS AV-195TF monitor. Since driver version 6.31, I have been running this aquarium. I have used all of the beta driver versions to run the aquarium. I am currently running 10.80s. They are DX8 beta drivers.

The only banding I have ever seen is with the blue-green background or when I turn on FSAA. I just closely looked at all of the fish. I see no banding on my particular computer. The fish themselves look fine. It's just that background.

I truely love the new version. As always, the fish look very good. IT's just that the sound is so bad now. I don't mean to be mean but the broadning of the sound made it intolerable to me. The sound before was fine. It just sounded like running water. Now, I hear a bubble sound. For whatever reason, all I can seem to hear is that bubble sound. It probably is nothing more than my ears and brain.

Good luck with the DX8 version. Spring is here so take a walk and look at the last of the snow!

Frank

"We have been so anxious to give our
children what we didn't have that we have
neglected to give them what we did have."
Frank
FishyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote