View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #34
pcunite
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK\include\winnt.h(222) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'PVOID64'  
Jim,
I'd be happy to help you port your code over to Visual Studio 2005/2008 development. It is much nicer than Visual Studio 6 (from 1998 !!). If you're going to purchase a new version of Visual Studio then VS2008 is a very good one and what I use today. It will still produce binaries that will run on Windows 2000 (but none older) and offers excellent 64bit support. If you really want to support Windows 98, then VS2005 is the way to go, but its x64 development environment is lacking.

The error you're getting is because you have not download the PlatformSDK (now called the Windows SDK) or do not have your project file setup correctly. VS6 included many headers for you, but the newer versions of VS do not. The SDK is a free download. I've been using version 7.1 of the Windows SDK for years now (also known as Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4). Note that you will not use the .NET framework. I don't use it.
pcunite is offline   Reply With Quote