Thread: Discus
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2002, 06:08 AM   #33
hpman77
Blue Angel

Although the incredible tale of the widow looks interesting, the contract I signed was for any cartoon I sent them, and it clearly stated that all rights would be given to them. So, once anybody send you a texture, the texture is no longer theirs, but yours, Jim. They can claim nothing at all, and if they signed it being drunk, it's their problem. the contract was signed, and you have it there to prove it.

I think the same as feldon and the id way to do things. And, apart from that, I don't think the people wanting to help the aquarium will create fancy-scifi-horrible fishies, but fishies close to the real ones (that thing can be also stated on the contract) and anyway, there should be something there too stating that any texture must be approved by you, and it can be accepted or denied (and in that case you would keep all rights for it anyway, even if you never use it).

About the mapping and that sort of things, if you have a texture and mesh, and you map it, changing just the texture would make the same mapping as mesh useful, right? Like the discus. You have a mesh, a texture, and you already mapped it. The only thing different is the texture, and all mapping should be the same. The people sending you textures would send them already done, not just pics, but the texture as you need it.

I know I insist too much, but I really would like to see this screensaver (and all of the serenescreen series) at it's best, and I think it would be a great idea.

Maybe you should choose one or two person to "beta testing" the idea. I bet you would like the idea after that.

Ok, who said Mona Lisa and crayons?
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote