Thread: Discus
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 05:08 PM   #24
hpman77
Blue Angel

maybe Jim can tell us if he would consider making skins for his own fishies the way we suggest or not. So, no user can make skins, but Jim himself can, and would make the number of fishes in saltwater tank become double with little effort, and the number of fishes in the freshwater one would be almost 4 times the number of meshes created.

BTW, there could be some kind of agreement form for some ppl able to provide skins so they give all rights to Jim without being paid or anything. Once signed, Jim would provide them the skins already made so they can use them as templates to create those skins, once finished send them back to Jim who would approve them or not and include them in the aquarium.

Once I joined the CVN news of cybertown (the newspaper of that community) making cartoons in flash or jpgs and they sent me a form by email where I gave them all the rights of my cartoons. Once signed I sent them the contract via fax. That way Jim would have solved the copyrights problems and the aquarium could have regular updates of more fishies using the same meshes Jim already has, but providing the users more and more fishies.

If Jim supplies the "original" textures for those ppl they can send the textures already finished so Jim should only create another instance of that fish model, just loading the new texture and changing the fish name, test it to check if it looks fine and it's close to the real fish, and then release the new version with the new fish on it.

It's an idea, of course, but I would like to know Jim's opinion about this.
.:: AMD Athlon XP 1700+ :: 512MB SDRAM :: Windows XP SP1 :: shappire ATI radeon 9600 PRO :: Soundblaster Live Player 5.1 :: Directx 9.0 :: (Always latest drivers for everything) ::.
hpman77 is offline   Reply With Quote