View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #72
feldon34
Forum Administrator

We reserve the right to edit or delete or move any post on the forum without notification. We take no responsibility for anything posted on the forum. We reserve the right to suspend/ban any user at any time for any reason. All posts to the forum should be considered the OPINION of the author, and not necessarily that of the Forum Administrators/Moderators, Jim Sachs, SereneScreen, or Prolific, Inc.

Dale, you've used your posts to try to force me to take action on this forum several times. Sometimes, I've complied and made changes. It seems you want me to force my hand again, this time to change the rules to prohibit enough of your actions that eventually you give up and leave. It seems you measure success by how much you can force other people to do what you want.

About adding vague, impossible-to-define rules against harassment, disruption, etc. I thought those were just taken for granted as common sense. If you constantly dig and dig and dig at people to try to manipulate them to do what you want, eventually they will push back. I wasn't aware that had to be codified in a rule book somewhere.

A really good forum has great people who feel like a family and implicitly trust each other. Those forums have a short list of rules. So far, adding more and more rules and regulations has not had a positive effect on this forum whatsoever, except allowing people like you to keep looking for loopholes to justify your extremely disruptive behavior.

Dale, the next time you bring up rules, it's very likely that I will put this to a vote and be done with it. If that means I have to start paying forum this website myself, so be it. I'm ready to quit this site, and Michael submitted his resignation to me weeks ago over this issue.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote