View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #715
BigScreen
Registered

This is a feature request that I've been thinking about since I first installed v1.0 in December.

If you have the lights set on "Automatic" they change pretty quickly. While I can imagine it wouldn't be very exciting to have a dark fish tank as a screen saver, I would be interested in controlling the speed of the light transitions.

One bothersome thing with many screen savers is that they are so frenetic and unpredictable, that you end up catching them out of the corner of your eye when you're working on something else at your desk. That's one of the things that I like about having an aquarium as a screen saver, very calming motions, nothing wreaking havoc in a frenetic fashion.

Making the lighting transitions go slower would prevent the quick change that happens when it switches from light to dark to light again. I guess the effect I'm looking for would be one if you're right there, you don't notice the change, but if you walk away and come back in a couple of minutes, the aquarium would have changed.

I know this is minor, but if it's possible, it would be nice to have. Maybe a slider or a entry field where you could specify the duration of the transition of light to dark and from dark to light.

As long as I'm suggesting...

Any way we could get the ability to set the minimum light setting for the "Automatic" setting? This way, if the tank is "dark" you could see more than just a silhouette of the fish. In my experimentation, about two arrow clicks up from black was about what I was thinking of.

Lacking these features, I just have my light level set manually, so that's why this isn't a big deal, but this is the suggestions thread...
Scott J.
Publisher of The BigScreen Cinema Guide
BigScreen is offline   Reply With Quote