Thread: Bug: Awaiting Feedback Fish selections overwriting previous set
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #18
JohnWho
Registered

Originally posted by David:
Marine Aquarium is a wonderful program which I have enjoyed for many years, and has given me much pleasure.  
Me too.

I think the problem with this glitch is not so much which key or mouse click enters the text, The problem is that the wrong type of input is being used. The way it is now it allows you to roam around the page and edit other things before the text is submitted. Probably what is needed is to open a dialog box which requires the person to complete the entry and close the box before they can go on to edit other things. The box would probably have a text field in it, an enter button and a cancel button. They would type in a set name. Then they would have to either press the enter key on the keyboard or press the OK button on the screen or press a cancel button on the screen or press escape on the keyboard to close the box, before they could go on to edit the fish.

Also the way it is now there doesn't seem to be any way of permanently closing a blank input field. The cancel / escape option shouldn't just return to the menu. it should cancel the text input or new set as well.

I think that would probably solve the problem.
As an "end user", David, I appreciate both your concern and your suggestion, and now anticipate Jim's resolution.

With each of these "glitch" finds and corrections, Marine Aquarium becomes an even better experience for all of us.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote