View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #89
audio.bill
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Maybe someone who's experiencing the problem could check the Key while the program is working normally, then again the next time it asks for a Key. (The entry will not be your actual Key Code, it is "munged" before being copied to the Registry.)

If the RegCode entry is still intact, then the problem might be something we have control over. If it's gone or zeroed-out, then it's a Microsoft thing.

The Registry entry is:
Current User/software/SereneScreen/MarineAquarium3/RegCode  
I have some info that I hope will prove useful to Jim's staff in solving this problem. I was prompted today to reenter my code, but before doing so I checked all of the RegCode entries via regedit. I still found exactly the same values populated as they were when everything was working; specifically identical non-zeroed entries in the location you specified for Current User as well as under Users and several VirtualStore locations. And there is also a RegCode entry under Local Machine of '00'.

So the RegCode entries were all exactly the same as they were when the program ran successfully, but now I'm being prompted to reenter the code. This is the scenario that Jim specified above that might be something they have control over. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any hope of now finding a solution.

Thanks for not giving up on this yet, it's very frustrating for many of your customers so hopefully a solution can be found and implemented.
audio.bill is offline   Reply With Quote