View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #60
spetro
Semper Paratus

My two cents is that this is a very unique forum. It does not have to chase sponsors or advertisers. It is self sustaining. The form that I help manage is sponsor and member based. We charge $20.00 a year for our members to have access to the vip boards within the forum itself, $300.00 for lifetime. Lots o' of boards if you don't want the "charter membership". and want free access, but that is on top of having to generate revenue via sponsors.

Things sometime melt down when members start bashing sponsors or try to promote their "wares" without paying for advertisement. That is why we need so many moderators and upper staff to manage the moderators.

This place is refreshing to me due to the fact that there is only one sponsor...SereneScreen.....Ahhhhhhhhhh

As for off topic boards...I think they are crucial in the success of any major board. The first place I tend to go is the social board of a forum. There you get a feel for the intellect..(or lack there of).

In my little world I am VERY picky on where I post. I find the members here (for the most part) to be intelligent, international, polite, and not to stuffy.

Not a big fan of facebook, twitter, and the like. Can't stand MySpace! I do go to classmates to find old friends....but thats about it. Guess I'm lucky in that regard. Having a full life does has its rewards. LOL
spetro is offline   Reply With Quote