View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #68
JohnWho
Registered

Originally posted by Yellow Tang:
All the other stuff of the last months (menus, music, logos) are somehow necessary, but definitely not worth the debate we used to see here every day.  
Well, you'll have to take that up with the "PTB"s since that "other stuff" is exactly what we were being asked to comment on, so whether it was "worth the debate" is debatable.

[rant=on]
If folks found those portions of the discussions a bit distasteful, they should simply stay away from the threads. As Jim Sachs said in another thread "All of the infuriating nit-picking was actually an essential part of the process."

Frankly, it is unfortunate that some folks would make an issue over this. So what, for example, if it is extremely minor and "picky" that some sliders have "-"/"+" signs over them and some didn't. That is the kind of thing Jim wanted to know. He's the "bottom line" on this, and he made the decisions on whether to react to a "beta" comment or not. Why make it argumentative or contentious?

I'm very disappointed (not that some of you care, I'm sure) that the board staff allowed some members to belittle me when I was simply doing what Jim asked. In my opinion, good moderation would have stepped in and reminded all that the picky minutiae was part of the beta process and we should encourage people to point these things out, not discourage them. In this area I agree with feldon34 - some improvements in the beta testing process are needed.
[/rant=off]
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote