View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #920
feldon34
Forum Administrator

It's like text messaging (limited to 140 characters) but everyone can read it. It's sort of an exhibitionist "Here's what I am doing this minute" feed that people can follow. I tend to group Twitter into the 'silly' category, and I've always joked that I can't even say hello in 140 characters, but people seem to have so little time these days, if they can get a brief message from you about what's happening, they might be inclined to click the link and read more.

If you set up a Twitter account, you could set it to 'follow' anyone you are interested in, admire, or shares similar interests. That's any movie director, writer, animator, programmer, designer, politician (lol), celebrity, architect, corporation, etc. And everything they post to their Twitter accounts would appear on your 'follow' feed. Sort of like a running headlines list, but everything from the mundane to the bizarre to a few things that are actually interesting.

Twitter is the fastest way to take a picture and make it available to all your friends/followers as if you could stuff it in their mailboxes simultaneously. We're talking < 60 seconds to get a picture out to everyone on your list.

I have a Twitter account, but I don't "tweet" or broadcast with it. I just follow all the people I'm interested in and check it daily to see what they are doing.

Note that most people associated with a company set up multiple Twitter accounts. You would probably set up a SereneScreen and a JimSachs. You might cross-promote and mention things on each other's. But the JimSachs account would also have anything that you want shared, like pictures of the house, any observations you make which are interesting, etc. SereneScreen would be more of a business account, with just announcements on updates, discounts, availability, etc.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote