View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #26
cjmaddy
Registered

Jim, as a long-time experimenter with 3D glasses and nVidia stereo drivers, I understand your reasoning for allowing 120hz, (60hz per eye). - However, this product is aimed at a mass world-wide market, yes? - How many average user's monitors do you know of with a 90hz refresh rate? - Surely it would make sense to have the default FRL=60 ? - I have just set mine to 90, (from a normal 60), and I now have a maxed-out CPU usage of 100% .... NOT good!

Added to this, without default on-screen statistics, there will be no indication of what the FPS is set to. - I think the default should be set to 60. - Those few of your customers knowledgable enough to be operating 3D systems, will soon find out how to increase the Frame-Rate setting.
That, after all, is surely what the User Guide will be for?

Edit:-
Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Not sure if any of the old posts survive, but stereovision was a hot topic until DX8 came out and eliminated it. The fish looked fantastic in 3D, but the background was so obviously 2D that it ruined the effect. DX9 reinstated stereo capability, so I immediately set to work on a 3D background. My goal is to publish one of the first home-brew 3D Blu-Ray DVDs.  
Just done a quick check, Jim. - I think this was one of the last threads on 3D glasses.....
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=2304

ps..... I still have my Elsa 3D Revelator glasses in their box under my desk, gathering dust!
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote