View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 AM   #27
Falz
Registered

"I believe" means it's my OPINION, it's not a statement of fact. It's simply my observation based on my preference. Goldfish Aquarium wouldn't exist without Marine Aquarium either, as it's engine obviously has origins in the MA (whether Jim coded this all himself, I don't know). I know this.

In fact, people in this thread have been much more "disrespectful" towards the GA author than I ever was towards Jim. You need to allow people to have their opinions and not get pissed off and bash others when it doesn't match yours.

I also like that GA is something new, because MA is basically unchanged, apart from minor cosmetic things, new fish (and probably lots of internal work) since I bougt it over 3 years ago. It's looking dated, not necessarily because there's better stuff, just because it's looked the same for so long. And you might think that's great, but I mean, the 3D background was announced what, nearly 2 years ago now. I think it needs the facelift, the GA has so much more "life" to me, mainly because of the plants and ripples, and the fish behaviour. I know this is all planned for MA but as it stands right now, the GA is a better simulation to me. The fish bang into the glass and stuff. I've never actually paid much attention to goldfish when I've seen them, so I don't know how realistic that doggy wagging tail thing is, but I like it.

Anyway, I bought both of them. I like both of them. It's just great to finally have something else to look at

Oh and before anyone has a go at me for being impatient, that wasn't what I was trying to say. I know these things get done when they get done and I'm greatful there will be no upgrade payment when it finally arrives, though I'd obviously pay it. It's just there's so much promise and we are all eagerly awaiting it (as well as the freshwater aquarium).
Falz is offline   Reply With Quote