View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Nicki:
I'm sorry, and I hope I won't get a telling off for this, but is there any real point to this discussion? Is it going to lead to anything that will enhance the aquarium? Bugs are unusual fish movements, or backgrounds disappearing etc. Not minor code discreprancies in the menu that only a few users would notice. I vote we let Jim get on with the magic of creating the aquarium and not worry about silly minutiae. Does anybody agree with me?  
I agree with you - Jim should get on with the artistry, instead of the details that I've been commenting on (and instead of Website design).

However, I don't consider things like documentation, code version control, customer satisfaction, ability to support the product, etc. to be "silly minutiae". They should be important to the software publisher (Prolific).

And I thought we were here to comment on things we personally thought important, based on our background, etc. [In my case, over 40 years of developing and supporting software].

I understand that may be silly minutiae to some folks (just as discussions of monitor burnin and whether MA3 is a simulation or a screensaver are silly minutiae to me).