View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #207
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I'm not sure I want to mess with the Display Mode. There seem to be a lot of instances where Automatic is not interpreted properly by certain systems, and the user has to set it up manually.  
Understood. Are there instances where resetting it to Automatic would un-mess it? I don't know.

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I don't get what you're saying about turning off all the fish.

CurrentFishSet = 0;
NumFishSets = 1;
CycleFishSets = FALSE;

Without a lot of testing, I am not sure what the exact effect of those settings would be, for some user who has set up a dozen fish sets. Does it get rid of all but one set?

I was suggesting that some thoughtful approach be taken, to what to do about the fish settings. By "definition", resetting all to defaults should take this back to the way it was just after installation. But that's probably not correct.

If there is a reason for messing with the fish settings, then OK. Otherwise, don't mess with them at all?????

===============

Bottom line: Decide what CTRL-R should mean. If it truly means "take me back to just after installation", then do all of that. If it just means "take ONLY the Program Settings back to just after installation", then do that (and don't mess with fish, colors, sounds, logos, etc.).

If it means something else, then do whatever it means.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote