View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #23
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

Jim I think the music is ~ok. In all honesty I doubt that you would include the file size that it would take to get most of the people here to agree that it was ok with them. It sounds "normal" on my machines and I would guess that it is fairly near what you are hearing on yours.

Personally if I am going to listen to something like your default choice I want to feel like I am standing there and can hear the sound of fingers sliding on strings, and can pick out the positions of the instruments and so forth and feel a real presence of the wind instruments and so on. I doubt you are going to be able to do that and get anywhere near the file size you want, or find much to do it with other than a studio recording to start with, which to me defeats the purpose. Anything else to me is a moot point.

I think you just need to get it to where you are satisfied with the compromise between sound and file size to your taste and let the rest of us do as we will.

As for the rest, I agree that something needs to be done at the beginning to allow the "masses" to see the settings and look at the options since most don't have any idea of the true options available. Think "lemmings" and led them to where you want them to go.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote