Thread: Developer Notes
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #472
PaulsPics
Registered

Big Grin Music Playlist - .SGT notepad file located & Wish use

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
It hadn't really occurred to me that someone would want it back after removing it. If you remove everything else or delete the Playlist, then it would be back, but you'd also lose the rest of the list.

The easiest way is probably to bring the MA3Playlist.lst file into a text editor (like Notepad), and add the line "CanonGuitar.sgt" (no path is necessary). The Playlist can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Application Data\Marine Aquarium 3. My playlist currently looks like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\avemaria.mid
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Music\arabesque.mid
CanonGuitar.sgt  
Dear Jim,
I never had any success in getting Canon to play as you described BUT only if I deleted the rest of my play list, then it does return and as you had suggested plays Ok.
BIG BUT is that I have other music that also sounds great and as soon as I add those tracks to the playlist Canon is not available and the name also vanishes off the list.
I was not going to hold up all the other valuable work you are doing that we are so looking forward to but do see several posts now with problems of this Music file so thought I should report. I note Cliff states that his machine closes MA3 after 5 minutes of Canon,
I have several lists of music on the play list, one of more than 7 Mbs plays over 8 minuets without any problem and also switches to other MP3 and midi tracks with no problem. but even if I place your notepad SGT file for Canon it does not show up, Since I consider that it was a very good choice of yours in the first place, can you advise where I can find the original file in an ordinary format that I could add to my newly created folder within the Serene Screen location, that I keep as back up and can switch the 'play list' to suite the mood of the day/ evening. I have seen and have other versions of Canon but not of equal quality to the Guitar one you used. Yes I realize that the .SGT file reduces the size of the file being played but my Win XP seems to handle the loads pretty well without a problem. so if you or someone on the forum has the CANON file in MP3 or in Midi I would love to get hold of it with many thanks. I also thought that this post may help others and the Danger of removing the original Canon off the playlist.
I had a horrible feeling when I read your reply that somehow you could read my computer as the music you showed on your Play list was Avemaria.mid and again Arabesque.mid a couple of my other favorite files. We must have the same choices !!!
The long 8.15 min MPEG track that does work well even at 7.61 Mbs is some ambient music-- " UT_2006_Comp_Compile_edit_128k " but I do not know where I originally got it from.
Regards Sorry for my long posts I must be getting old and longwinded !!
pAUL Sydney Australia Windows XP Pentium 3.2 gig NIVIDIA GForce 6150 SE
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote