View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #365
Inspector Dryfish
Registered

I happened to pass through the computer section in Costco this weekend, and a Vaio on the shelf was showing the goldfish screensaver, but it had blue gravel and a couple of big rocks that don't appear in the version I've got...

Anyway, the fish looked very realistic, and the plants (it was sparse mode) looked and behaved like the ones in the regular GA, so I'm assuming it's the same program.

Is that a special-purchase, exclusive version that I was looking at? Not that I particularly want blue gravel, but I bought my copy of GA just a few weeks ago and didn't see any options for changing the background.

My wish for both GA and MA is the panning feature, so that I could disable the lights-off feature. I've got no problem with my virtual fishies having a bit of night-time, but let them have it when I do, and not during the day, when I want to watch fishies. :-)

Since it's announced that the freshwater aquarium is on hold to favor further development of GA and Sharks, I really do hope that panning and auto-panning will be near the top of the new-features list. After that, they can get to my other wish, the realistic split for dual monitors. ahem...

kevin
Inspector Dryfish is offline   Reply With Quote