View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #29
johnblommers
The Architect

Contact me

Originally posted by drfish
*cracks knuckles*

Here it goes:
Folding@Home is a distributed computing project run by Standford University with the goal of discovering how protiens assemble or fold as part of an effort to cure various diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson’s which occur when protiens assemble incorrectly or misfold.

Not bad for a first draft... Check out this thread for more info, I won't post anymore here...
OK drfish we need to talk. Please email me at johnblommers AT mac DOT com so we can avoid further off topic posts here, because .....

I've marshalled my hardware (500Mhz G4 Mac, DP 800Mhz QuickSilver Mac, 2.63Mhz HP Pavilion Red Hat 9 box, and my DP 2Ghz G5 Mac) to the folding project and managed to claw my way to postion 822 with 155 work units.

But Judas H Priest! You, drfish, are in position 3 with 9516 work units! TheJuggernaught is in first place with 16447 WU.

Please email me on how I can improve my rank on the team and how to participate in team 2630's discussions.

And Oh Most Honorable and Patient Moderator thank you for your continued indulgence with us Folders

PS to Jim, these fish are still looking for their shadows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goldfish aquariumscreensnapz001.jpg (40.1 KB, 201 views)
Reasons people don't watch Star Trek:
60% - It’s for nerds.
39% - The show’s stupid.
01% - My parents were killed by Klingons and it's still too painful.
johnblommers is offline   Reply With Quote