View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 02:18 AM   #28
Tiny Turtle
is pleased

27 Highscores

Reich,
I'm a bit unsure about the term objectivist so I can't really respond too that before chatting up Google, but let me try and explain myself:

Like I originally said, I don't have a problem with flag burning, (nor do I grasp what it has to do with capitalism). As far as I'm concerned you can add the feature of someone urinating on the flag though I feel sorry for the poor sod who gets a buzz out of looking at a burning/pee-stained flag. I pity the way censorship is tacked on so much of (apparently especially the U.S.) society. I don't think I would agree on the idea of the current "world" (situation) could/should be labeled as "mine".

So you don't believe anyone will use ACME dynamite to blow up their neighbors parakeet after watching some Looney Toons (sp?), – Fine, me neither. I was objecting to the opposite situation, that someone set on blowing up the next-door pet would put all such plans to rest just by watching Wylie & RR.

Thanks for taking the time to read this far, I'll shut up soon.

I've tried to think this over a little bit more and I can't say that I don't want burning to be added because it's morally wrong or offfensive, just that it would be a bit tasteless and juvenile. How's that? It was just the blanket statement that as long as it's not real it's perfectly ok. Like a collapsable WTC addon for Ms FlightSim. – Not illegal, but who would want to be associated with such a product?

To conclude once more to make sure I get across. I have no problem with flag burning being integrated into FotW. Please feel free to do so AFAIC.

/Tiny Truce

P.S.
I think it would be "Addi" too

P.P.S.
A quick search on "objectivist" helped me to understand that it wuold take me quite some (boring) time to be able to understand that joke. Those people sure like their long words, don't they?
Tiny Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote