View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #24
Jav400
Administrator

22 Highscores

I don't mean to sound like I am "bashing" ATI, although it could be considered that, I am sure. I have as well had problems with nVidia drivers throughout the ages, but overall after spending years in the chat support room, and helping countless people with driver problems, not to mention being an avid gamer myself; I honestly feel that nVidia has a better overall success rate by far than ATI does.

It seems that there are way more options with nVidia drivers and they get updated faster and more often than ATI drivers do. So if you run into a problem it seems to be easier to find a fix for it.

What really chaps me is notebook drivers and computer manufacturers that change standard drivers so they won't work. Tons of those are out there and they almost never spend the resources and time to update those. They create one that works with the model when it comes out, ( sometimes only barely at that ) and then it may be over a year before they go back and try to update anything if they ever do.

That tweaks me no end. I have had allot of users in the chat with a notebook that they have paid thousands for and it takes special drivers and there is not a thing I can recommend other than a third party site, that may take even more tweaks to get a driver from there running, but its the only option. It's $#*^ poor planning IMHO on the part of the manufacturer to do something like that and there is no call for it to leave a user stuck in the middle.
Jav400 is offline   Reply With Quote