View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 11:22 PM   #15
PaulsPics
Registered

Angry Dropping by to say Hi

Hi Tiny , overlooked your name , and you were the first to welcome me last year. Bet its bitter weather over there.
I have isolated my main computer off the telephone line and internet, too many valuable memories of my family roots and images back to the1880s, too many aircraft re-configured for optimum in Flight sim 2002 and a bit in FS2004, and of course my 2 favorite Serene screens and upgrades. Result is that I am using this Old Pentium 100 for all internet contact so is pleny slow. On top of that I have taken on some casual temp work at the Sydney observatory doing conducted tours at night, discuss Astronomy with visitors in a 3D theartre and then look at the night sky with telescopes, one of which is the historic 130 year old brass refractor, so my minimum time on the net is applied to more study and following latest news from Planet Mars. Thus my abscence for a while. I thought I would check back to say HI ! and ulterior motive was to see if Jim had come up with any of the other denizons for the Marine tanks, like "the Banded Shrimp " , for which I understood we would have to pay but hopefully at a nominal amount as an add-on. I am glad to see that we shortly may be able to get the 5 fish to add to the MAT .
Incidently since I am running the two machines concurrently with monitors only inches apart I loaded up the earlier version SS into the Pentiom 100. Did not expect it to function at all but I report that the scenery & fish images displays Ok but the fish hardly move but when you have the Pent 1 Ghz operating MAT next to it you do not notice the small jerky movements esp with the smaller fish selected as it is added "tank" on the one side and displays that nice original large Coral as well. Anyway I am happy as it gives me a two and half foot tank all up, and the clock time in the centre. I hope I have not breached the agreement in running on the two machines ? as I consideredthem to be seperate programs !
If ever you visit Sydney come and see some stars of theSouthern Hemisphere, give me a note so I meet up . best regards Paul
Paul
PaulsPics is offline   Reply With Quote