View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #70
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Edgar:
Dale,
First of all, Carousel uses DirectX 7 calls and MA2.6 still has DirectX 6 calls.
Carousel runs the screensavers it starts differently compared to running MA2.6 on its own. Carousel stays in control as the screensaver.

If Carousel works, then it may give me some insights that the MA2.6 screensaver may have some problem in the DirectX 6 calls.

I appreciate your help on trying to solve this. I really have no other way since I can't duplicate the problem myself.  
...and I appreciate the time you're taking with this.

I believe in changing one thing at a time. So, I have now found and installed Carousel V1.0 from Prolific Publishing Company. [It took me a while to find it, because it wasn't on the SereneScreen site, and Google lists about 15 different Carousel screensavers].

I installed it (set up to only run MA 2.6), and I promise to report here if I see any problems. If you see no reports here, you can reasonably assume thet "the MA2.6 screensaver may have some problem in the DirectX 6 calls."

I don't know anything about the internals of DirectX - but since I'm running DirectX 9.0c, I wouldn't be surprised.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote