View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #505
Wizwad
Only me...

Originally posted by Tiny Turtle
As for prying, I consider you guys friends which would make it concern rather than prying if (when ) you come looking for me whenever I dissappear off the face of the forum for a while.

Here's an attempt at re-jacking the thread.
/Tiny Restoration
Ha! I think I'll re-jack this thread right back again.

Hi all. Sorry for the lack of contribution. There were various factors in this. For a while there I couldn't get the site up. Whenever I tried I just got the "This page is not available" error page. I think this might be my ISP messing with my connection settings and speeds. I'm gradually noticing a gradual decline in speed. I used to connect at 48K, then 46K, then 44K, then 42K. Now my little icon tells me I'm at 40K, but I'm sure that in reality this is more like 14K. It is just soooooo slooooooow most of the time now.

On top of that, my work got real hectic (in at 7:00am, home again at 7:00 or 8:00pm) and my social life exploded. That last bit has been fun, and resulted from the ski trip in January. In the last couple of weeks I've been on a treasure hunt running around Chelsea in London, learning to punt, travelling to Henley Royal Regatta, stewarding at the Kingston-upon-Thames beer festival (yummy!), visiting sundry friends and making new ones.

That said, I also value the friends I've made on this forum, and what Tiny said a while back about you guys coming looking applies to me too! Meanwhile, until I get broadband - which decision is coming closer and closer as the prices fall - and as long as I can get onto this site - I'm back!

OK, got to get back to catching up... Got 2717 new posts to read! See you later...

Mark
-----------
Intel i7 12700K | Aorus Z690 Pro | Corsair DDR5 5600 32GB | Asus Dual RTX3060ti 6GB v2 Mini OC | Corsair RM850 Gold PSU | 1TB NVMe M.2 WD Black SN850 | 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD | Corsair Airflow 5000D Case | HP 32QHD 4K Monitor | Windows 11 x64 Professional
Wizwad is offline   Reply With Quote