View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #44
hillover
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
Recovering the programs wasn't the real problem - it was installing them on a new machine. When you buy programs from private parties on eBay (the only way I can afford something like Lightwave or Visual Studio or Dreamweaver), you download them and really only have one shot at a license. If your hard drive fails and you have to install the program on a different machine, the company shows you as being over your license limit.  
There are several backup and recovery solutions available, that do not require re-"installation". The solutions that will "restore" a new disk drive to the same contents as a failed drive usually work seamlessly. Those that will completely restore the contents of a failed PC to an entirely new PC often work OK, depending on the licensing schema - and if they require a new license, the vendor will almost always respond positively to a phone call describing the situation.

Don't I recall that this situation has caused you great grief and much work and delay several times in the past? (Sorry if this is a sore subject). I'm just suggesting that you might consider investing now, in something that might prevent that cost in the future.
hillover is offline   Reply With Quote