View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #101
Terry Kennedy
Registered

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
On the contrary, I think it's very likely to happen. Some day, someone will be messing around with their drivers or tweaking their Windows settings, and the MIDI files will just start playing. The hard part is getting them to come back here to the Forum and report what they did.  
Please remember that my systems played every type of audio I could throw at them (MIDI included) from every app that produces audio (and I have some obscure ones) except the bubbles and CanonGuitar from MA3.

I still think there may be some difference between the bubble and CanonGuitar problems as the music chooser box can play a WAV file.

This could probably be pinned down by adding a "generate debug log" box to the program settings menu in the next build (after all, this is a beta). You could log whatever info you think would help you track the problem down (logging parameters sent to and return codes from the sound functions would seem to be a place to start). Similar debugging code could be added to help you track down any issues that other people have reported, as well.
Terry Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote