Thread: Driver Issue Problem with antialiasing
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
cjmaddy
Registered

I doubt this can be considered an AA problem as such. Though I have no doubt that the introduction of high settings of AA may well have caused this effect to happen, with that particular card! - I think that the GeForce 4 card itself, is more likely to be the culprit here. - We need someone with more knowledge of all the various cards, (Tiny?), but I think that the series 4 cards are getting a little long in the tooth by now!

I have been using 4x AA with my last three cards (Fx5200, 6800GS/XT, and 7900GS), and have not experienced any crashing associated with monitor settings whilst using AA on any version of MA3.

The only problem that AA causes for me with all the MA3 versions, is the one pixel line down the left-hand side of each screen, and along the top of the screen. This line problem was covered in some detail during Alpha testing. - And for a short time I was able to avoid it with the card and drivers I was using at that time.
Whilst I accept that the line can be avoided by setting AA to 'Off', in all the years that I have been using antialiasing, this (MA3) and MA2.6, are the only programs I have used that display the fault. - It does not affect GA, Sharks, or DA for example. (Or any other program as far as I know). - So the problem appears to be linked only with MA.

This is a screen shot of Beta7g, at the point where the two screens meet. (With AA set at 4x)....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MA3_onepixel_crop3.jpg (571.8 KB, 30 views)
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote