Thread: Feature Request Creature feature?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #4
Inspector Dryfish
Registered

Creature Feature (naming)

Originally posted by feldon32:
There's a thread right here with the names of the coral:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...ead.php?t=4499  

Yeah, I saw that today when I came back. Downloaded the high-res picture. Thanks.

But still, if it's not a big effort, I think it would be a nice feature as I described it, since I'm sure that only a fraction of MA users participate in these forums. Also, unless you make Simico's picture-with-the-names sticky somehow, that thread is soon going to vanish into the archives where few people will ever see it.

Oh, hey! I just thought of a work-intensive way to make the proposed feature fancier (as if you needed that) - embed the names in each object, and provide a "magnifying glass" cursor mode such that when the mouse pointer is moved over a planted creature, its name expands to readabililty, then shrinks back to invisibility as the "magnifier moves on. Sort of a Mac-ish take on hover-text/tooltips.

There, now. Doesn't the original proposal seem easier already?

[Edit]
PS: I see that the thread is sticky within the Beta3 forum, but I was taking the long view. Once MA3 leaves Beta, it'll be several years till the next major version, so the entire forum would slide into obscurity. Meantime, you'd have /t/h/o/u/s/a/n/d/s/ hundreds-of-thousands of new customers... :-)
Inspector Dryfish is offline   Reply With Quote