Thread: Feature Request Marine Aquarium Settings Panel - HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by cjmaddy:
Well, this should slow down bringing the clams to life! - Dale, what part of Jim being preoccupied with forging ahead on the contents of the aquarium, do you not understand?. - Whilst I have long held the opinion that a 'Help' tab should contain more than just a list of Keyboard Shortcuts, (as in MA2.6), and therefore agree in principle with some of the above, - I also see that there is a time and place for suggesting yet more changes/modifications, to areas that Jim has repeatedly told us he is not currently planning to work on, - AT THIS TIME.

If we want to help him progress with what has been a major undertaking for the past few years, I think it is vital that we recognise that this is principally a one man operation. And we should leave him to get on with it in his own way! - There must be many times when our intended 'help', results in nothing of the sort.  
Why is it wrong to write things down, so that they can be handled later at the appropriate time?

I tend to forget things, if I don't write them down. I also appreciate (in my work) knowing what may be needed in the future.

I have also experienced, quite frequently from "support", the comment that "you should have mentioned this sooner -- it's entirely too late to change that now".

And I really thought we were asked to test and comment - not test and forget.

Finally, why are comments on the number of crystals, or the movement speed of the fan coral, or the movement type of the hands of the clock, more acceptable than comments about the settings panel? [Otherwise, please talk to those folks, too]

However, I am quite willing to follow the author's wishes.

Jim, should I just forget writing things down until the whole thing is "finished"?
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote