View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #35
flip
Registered

Smile

It is going to be difficult to thank just one person here who helped me.

After three attempts it FINALLY worked.

There is one huge Word here that causes many problems when trying to solve a problem in 99% of help forums. That word is "ASSUME"

One of the very first lessons I learnt when I started Technical trade teaching. Never assume any thing the only reason is you could easily start giving a lesson on how do a specific task on to find out after finishing the lesson your students had no idea what you were talking about because they had never used the tools required to do that task.

I once attended a course on how to use your Digital Camera. First thing you would do would be take out and turn on your cameras. One hour later all the cameras were still in their cases and every one left still not knowing how to use their cameras. What we did know was how good the instructor thought he was. That instructor was sacked not long after that.

I just purchased a book on W7. In practically all cases the first step is turn computer on. Sounds simple but there are many out there would not even know how to do that. My wife and 45yld Daughter for starters.

Again thank you every one for your help. I hope Jim gets that little concern sorted out.

Flip/Keith
flip is offline   Reply With Quote