View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 06:37 PM   #134
KMan
Registered

Nice start! I've been a long-time user of the serenescreen salt water aquarium, since the beta days, and love it dearly! So I was quite happy to have a new toy to play with.

Clearly it's still in the testing phase, but it's a great beginning! I haven't checked it at home yet, where I have more powerful hardware, but I can report that on my laptop (WinXPPro, XGA, S3 chipset w/ 8mb, PIII-650, 384mb), I BSOD'd after installing and trying to manually start the saver. It let me plug in the tester code and then killed the system instantly. After a reboot, the program started up normally and I was able to see it run. :-) I played with the wireframe mode, and then tried to bring up the menu with space, only to go black. Escape brought the fish back. Another space, and I BSOD'd again.

After two BSODs, I won't try running it again on my laptop until some newer releases come out! I look forward to trying it out at home, however, as I realize the laptop is pretty low end on the graphics side (and only 8mb on the S3 chipset!). Also, there was some strobing in the bottom 25% of the screen, diagonally in both bottom corners. Dunno if that helps y'all or not. If there's a new version I should try, I'll be happy to, however. :-)

-Kalani
KMan is offline   Reply With Quote