View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 AM   #37
cjmaddy
Registered

Re: We All Hate 3DTV!

Originally posted by dampfnudel:
Agreed! - But.....
Why do I have the feeling that the more Jim is reminded that 3D is dead in the water, the more he will be determined to chase a lost cause? ...

Yes, 3D can look wonderful. (For a brief passing moment!) - I experienced that with my 3D shutter glasses, - But like most everyone else since the changeover from analog TV, I recently purchased a superb new HD TV. - There is no way I'm now going to throw all that away for a niche technology that barely has any support.... (Plus, the need for 3D glasses, and the willingness to wear them whenever there is 3D!)

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
The point of doing a 3D Blu-Ray would not be to sell a bunch of 3D Blu-Ray disks, it would be to get us noticed again. Right now, every Costco, Fry's and Best Buy have at least one prominently-displayed 3D setup with people standing in line to see the tired factory demo, because there's nothing else available. Getting a version of MA on all those screens puts us back to where we were 5 years ago, and people start coming to SereneScreen.com again...  
Jim, I honestly don't think getting a 3D version of MA on a very few 3DTV screens will put you back to where you were 5 years ago. - At that time, the whole general public could get MA running on their existing equipment. This time you would be playing only to those few who fall for this latest 3D gimmick. - I don't really think it would start many new people coming to SereneScreen.com again.

Last edited by cjmaddy; 12-23-2010 at 06:04 AM.
cjmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote