View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 12:33 AM   #6
nick c
Registered

When both are set to night it looks like a night scene, it is not totally black on my computer, just dim. Well...the background is black, but you can still see what is going on in the foreground. I have my comp set to turn off the monitor after 6 mins. so I am not woried about burn-in. With xBack, a program that lets you run MA as wallpaper (although I haven't got it to work yet...) it would be cool to have the tank in the background reflect the time of day.

That just gave me another idea tho! What about a moon-lit night? Could it be done? Instead of doing the background and foreground separate could you change the lighting to dim with the color turned down and dappled white light reflecting off everything? That would look cool and be more interesting and realistic. The fish could even display night time behaviours! Jim is probably groaning at the amount of work that would take.

As for this being brought up before, I did go well back into the posts looking for it, but I have other things to do with my time other than spending hours going years back in the posts. When a forum has been going this long it is to be expected that topics will get repeated. If it was posted last week that is one thing, but this forum has been going for 3.5 years.
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote