View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 08:02 PM   #211
phauxxee
Banned

Hello, I'm new here and am about to order my first Serene Scene Marine Tank Screensaver (which will be more than a screen saver here in my home).

I'm a former 'Elfish' addict, and have been desperately looking for something to take it's place. Needless to say I've been waiting nearly 10 years.

Anyway, here's what I'd love to see added to the Freshwater Aquarium package some day:

1.African Dwarf Frogs are aquatic creatures, diminutive and calm.

2.Apple Snails, such as the Black & Gold Mystery Snails and the Ram's Horn Snail.

3.Red Claw Crab, small, black with bright red claws.

4. Labyrinth's, such as the Gouramis and Bettas.

5. Most all the Cichlid in all their shapes and colors.

6. Catfish, especially the Plecos.

7. The Peacock Gudgeon.

8. AND most of all, the wonderful rainbow of Killiefish. The sad thing about keeping these beauties is that they are only seasonal, breeding, laying their eggs and dying when the draught dried up their ditches and watering holes. The eggs will survive this harshness, being revived when the rains return, hatching and starting the whole lifestyle all over again. If some of these could be incorporated someday into the Freshwater screensaver I would be so very happy. This would be perfect for someone like myself that doesn't want to get attached to something that comes and goes in one season!

A friend of mine has these and I would love to have them too, but without having to handle 'live' food to keep them alive.

I have always filled my fish tanks with lush plants such as Java Moss, Java Fern, Cabomba, Hornwort and Anubias.

For some nice pics of these sort of fish and plants, I'd suggest taking a look at the Fish Gallery at http://www.ekkwill.com/fishgallery.html

Well, enough from me... can't wait to start my own computer Saltwater Tank, and then hopefully a Goldfish and Freshwater Tank too.

P.S. Jim, thank you for creating such a wonderful program.
phauxxee is offline   Reply With Quote