View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #30
fly911
Registered

3D Marine Aquarium

Jim, I couldn't figure out how to get my computer to show two separate images (side by side or over under) but I tried the "Simulated 3D" with Marine Aquarium and it worked quite well. Below is the image when the simulated 3D intensity Adjustment was set to "High".

Below is the 3D menu where the simulated 3D effect can be adjusted. The choices are either low, medium or high. I set this to "High" and was truly impressed with the 3D effect.

I elicited a second opinion from my wife. Donna agreed that the effect was very discernible depending in large part on where the focus was. By that I mean what part of the aquarium was being viewed. When the fish were swimming towards the front of the glass and close to the gravel, the effect was extreme and actually looked like the fish were closer to the viewer than the gravel. I thought that the bubble column would be pronounced, but it turned out not so much.

I tried to understand how I could adjust the computer settings but am not as tech savvy as I might need to be.

Jim, it would be nice if the viewer could check a box and get a 3D split screen or over and under images that could be viewed with the TV settings. (Just a thought). Could you possibly find a DVD producer that, although more expensive, could produce your 3D DVD on demand, kind of like Amazon does with book publishing?

Jim, all in all, the simulated 3D version of Marine Aquarium was fun to watch and very impressive. Now if I could narrow it down to just two remotes, I would be getting somewhere.

fly911 is offline   Reply With Quote