View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 12:12 PM   #17
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

1. Q: No, you flat out can't. Saying that it isn't flag burning, but just a digital replication of flag burning is what I'm questioning, so your Magritte quote won't cut it.
A: Yes, this is your opinion.

2. Q: P.S. Do you actually believe people would refrain from burning a flag for real given the opportunity to do it on their monitor instead? Can this be applied to other problems as well.

A: I believe that people do what people want to do, and to a greater degree…what they can get away with. No matter how many times I watch a Road Runner cartoon, I do not act out in any manner to the Road Runner, even if we have very similar personalities.

3. Q: …but I was just objecting to the reasoning that you can get away with just about anything as long as you call it art/expression.
A: Funny, I was reasoning that you were an objectivist…I guess I was wrong LOL

I can save a lot of back and forth here…we simply disagree. You would not like living in my world (a metaphorical construct), and I do not like living in what is already ostensibly your world. In my world there are no “bad” word. There is no censorship, burning flags (for example) has no “list of rules” because it has no real meaning. If you bought the flag, you can burn “your” flag. If there is a 10 for 1 sale, you can build a bonfire.

4. Q: BTW, I haven't looked at Flags for awhile, not since the demo came out... Has anything major happened with it since then? IS there an ETA other than "soon" for some of the features we've heard mentioned? Forgive my ignorance, I just haven't been paying attention...
A: No, just an intellectual bake off. And, be careful, I consider “soon” to be a four letter word…which of course…is why I use it so often.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote