View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
JohnWho
Registered

I'm trying to understand the new "Limit Frame Rate" option in the "Program Settings" menu screen.

When not checked, the program selects a default frame rate. (Using the "Sleep" equals 10 concept, I believe).

Otherwise, a user can use this to select, or force, a frame rate between 30 fps and 120 fps.

On my system the default (with Sleep as 10) gives me around a 111 fps. Up and down arrow keys no longer do anything, so the way to change this is through the Frame Rate selection.

However, I only get this default when I first open the program. If I open it (with the box not checked) and then select a Frame Rate, it gets close to the selected Frame Rate, fluctuating between two Sleep settings. Then, if I "uncheck" the selection, it does not return to the default 111 fps, but stays very close to the selected fps and no longer fluctuates between Sleep settings.

Is this something you are still "tweaking"?

Also, I'm not sure I fully understand the need for the Limit Frame Rate selection as I include it in the readme. Could you explain it a bit more?

Thanks.
I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote