View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #59
Dale
Banned

Originally posted by Nicki:
Dale, I had the same experience with XP and Windows7. Exact same things done in both cases. I'd like to know too, if anyone has done what I did and got the same result? Normally, I wouldn't even touch the right click install, it's just that we'd been talking about that particular bug and how to access the settings panel from outside of the program. I've always run the betas as totally stand alone before.  
Strange. I just did the following test on a W7-32 Ultimate laptop that had MA3-10d installed:

Copy the 11e .scr file from storage (on another system) to \Windows\System32\, giving it permission to replace the previous (10d) file.

Open Personalization, Screen Saver (which still said Serenescreen Marine Aquarium 3). That's the "Screen Saver Settings" panel.

In Settings, Music Playlist - delete the one thing that was there, and add two new .mp3 songs.

Exit out of settings. Click on the desktop MA3 icon (give it permission to run - and check the box).

MA3 version 11e ran. Music played. Brought up settings/music playlist, and the playlist still had the two new songs.

Note that there was no unstallation involved.

You've validated your experience on two systems. I've validated my different experience on two systems. We obviously need more people to do that test and report results.

I wouldn't think it could be a "permissions" problem. The settings stuff is per-user and contained in "User Documents" space.

OH! Did you perhaps previously install MA3 (10d) as a different user? [My brain is too old and fuzzy to figure out whether that could make a difference]
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote