View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
JohnWho
Registered

Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Jim Sachs:
I hate to admit it, but I have to agree with Dale - it really is a lot nicer to have that white circle around the current date. I'll try to come up with a way to make it happen.

The way I'm currently doing it is to make the digital clock font white, then project the image through a colored filter. The user is allowed to choose the color of that filter. This accomplished 99% of what I wanted to do while only adding a few lines of code. I'll need to break the white circle out into a separate object, with a new section of code to handle it. It shouldn't be too hard, I'm having to do something similar with the analog clock to handle the second hand.  
I almost asked about the analog clock and the second hand, but figured that when you specified the calendar/digital clock only, maybe you weren't working on doing the same thing with the analog clock especially since it is black and white and not the same color scheme as the calendar/digital clock. Sounds like you are on the right track.

These improvements sure give a more elegant look and feel to the program and are much appreciated even though they aren't really doing anything additional to the realism of the simulation.
JohnWho is offline   Reply With Quote