View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #222
feldon34
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by PaulsPics:
The problem arises from the fact that recently I have suffered 3 computer crashes entailing getting new computers and hard drives with resultant loss of data, many programs, and license registrations keys. Ok many of the programs are on CD and can be reloaded time and time again BUT many which were downloaded are now gone.  
With all due respect, and with all kindness intended, with the rotten luck you are having, it is time to seriously investigate a Backup program.

Memory sticks are inexpensive. A 4GB memory stick is $20 and will hold all your downloaded programs, your serial numbers/product keys.

You can burn Marine Aquarium onto a CD and write your serial number on the CD and file it away.

Again I am trying not to be rude, but hard drives are so cheap and Windows comes with a very good backup feature. Norton Ghost takes it another step and makes a complete Ghost of the computer at a "good" state so when it goes crazy, you can just roll back to that date.

Originally posted by PaulsPics:
As such I am reminded of this problem when your Beta MA 3 # 8k was downloaded to day and most of the fish were unavailable, search as much as I could I was almost unable to find my original registration code

Is there any way that you could let us keep the current version as it stands with some sort of permanent login AND OF COURSE SOME SORT OF PAYMENT that you have been contemplating?  
Have you tried submitting an e-mail here? If you have, then I apologize for sending you down that same road. If they have your keycode on file for 2.6 then you'll get an e-mail with the code that you can write down.

I'm sorry to hear that your health and finances are not where you would like them to be. I hope things change for the better.
"Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations." - George Orwell
"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman
feldon34 is offline   Reply With Quote