Thread: WHEN ?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 11:47 PM   #13
Digital Lungfish
Obey the toad!

DL, could you define artist for me? To the best of my knowledge, one can be an artist in many different ways.
Well, I suppose I consider Jim an artist based on his original digital art which he was so well known for back in the Amiga days. I understand that some people (programmers for example) might like to consider themselves digital artists just because they know how to weild code around, but to me an artist (digital or real for that matter) is someone that visualizes the images they want to create and then paints them onto a real or digital canvas. Sure, there are other types of artists out there in the real and digital worlds (sculptors for example), but in so far as the digital world goes, to me Jim is an artist.
Sorry if this comes out a bit harsh, but as long as Jim comes up with good explanations himself (like in this thread for instance) there's IMO no need to follow it up with that "he's an artist – not an programmer" expression.
Yes it did come out a bit harsh Tiny, but no big deal. The fact is I posted my response before I saw Jim's, a common occurance around here and on other forums. So please understand that I wasn't trying to be annoying on purpose, it just happened. Sorry if I rubbed you or anyone else the wrong way with this unintended "mistake".
Steve
www.tron-sector.com - www.badcartridge.com - www.classicgaming.com - www.dinofish.com
Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday...
Digital Lungfish is offline   Reply With Quote