View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 02:30 AM   #85
The Old Man
Registered

Hi Dale,
Thanks for the reply, sorry for being late in replying but I missed my e-mail notification of this topic's reply.

OK, try the following (after making sure no copies are running - a reboot would be safest):

1. Delete all MarineAquarium3.scr and MA3Beta.scr files from \system32\.

2. Download the latest installer version from the free downloads at http://www.serenescreen.com/product/.

3. Install it, and verify that it runs correctly. If it doesn't, then let us know.
I followed those steps and installed the latest installer version as instructed on my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

It installed, when I ran it from the Preview option in the Screensavers list and then pressed S, it confirmed it was Beta10d. I exited and checked the Task Manager, and it was still running as MarineAquarium3.scr with *32 next to it and it was consuming 25% of my CPU (an Intel Q6600). I had to end the process manually from the Task Manager.

4. Download the 11f zip file from http://www.fish-byte.com/MA3Beta.zip

5. Unzip that, extracting MA3Beta.scr.

6. Rename that file MarineAquarium3.scr

7. Delete the MarineAquarium3.scr file that is in \system32\

8. Copy the file from step 6 above, to \system32\

9. Test and let us know the results.
Okay, I carried on and followed the rest of the instructions and verfied that 11f was now running and it was when I tested it from the Screensavers Preview option. Again after exiting, I found that MarineAquarium3.scr with *32 next to it (again consuming 25% of my CPU) was still running in the task manager. I then ended the process manually from the Task Manager.

It won't close properly if I start it from the desktop shortcut that the installer placed or if I allow it to start under its own steam.

Regards,
Graham
Bought MA3 Beta on previously for Vista and now running it on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with an Nvidia GTX650Ti powering a 22" monitor and it's stunning!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote