Thread: Not a Bug Bug - Preview Mode
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Jim Sachs
Developer

I see - I guess you mean Windowed mode.

Everything seems to be working the way I want it. Starting the program by clicking Preview will fire it up with whatever settings the user has chosen. Clicking on Settings will allow the user to change settings without starting the program. I find the combination of these two items (Windowed mode and Settings without running) vital for troubleshooting. If the user wants to see full-screen mode, they can either turn off "Start in Windowed Mode" or just hit "F".

At one time I had "Exit on Mouse Move" apply to Windowed Mode as well as full-screen, but it caused more confusion and trouble than it was worth, since moving the mouse only sends signals to my window if the cursor happens to be over the window. There are three ways of closing the window, which is enough for me.

Comparisons with screensavers don't really apply here. This is a marine aquarium simulation with a few extra touches which allow it to be used as a screensaver (an afterthought). I'm not aware of any screensavers that even have a Windowed mode, unless some have come out recently.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote