View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 06:08 PM   #27
Reichart
CTO Prolific Publishing

Great feedback! Thanks. Even for those that don’t like it, that is the cool thing about choice, (at least in most countries).

Resolution: We cut the Res in HALF! If not ¼. The program was 10 Megs 15 days ago. It is now 1.5 Megs. We are planning a hi-res version when we do the widescreen. Both will be in the same package most likely. So if you have the bandwidth, and the res, go for it! We may start doing this with all the products.

Mouth: Goldfish do several things with their mouths, we picked one. Next will be gulping, which is different than what they do when just breathing.

AI: I don’t believe in AI, and cognitive science is one of my specialties. Lets call this CL (Computer Logic). The CL in the fish is the exact same for all three right now. We want to improve it all, collisions, moving along the bottom, and how they interact. Then we will start deviating from the norm, and each fish will in fact have different controls. Different Mass, speed, annoyances, and peculiarities.

MA vs GA: For those that compare this to MA…seems pointless, they are “completely” different programs. They have almost nothing in common. Compare MA to the other 10 Salt Water products, yes. Compare Goldfish to…what? Is there another Goldfish Aquarium out there? All that I have seen are…scary…

Misc: The fish don't look quite real - they are missing nostrils
A: Yup, and an anus. We refuse to put in nostrils until we work out the Anal Dynamics

Movement: “The fish do a bit too much swimming and not enough cruising” These are not fish, they are mutants which avoided the problems of Darwinism by skipping survival, by being cute enough to be bought in a pet store.

MORE FISH: How many different fish will be in 1.0?
A: No exact number, but more than a dozen most likely.
Reichart... , CTO, Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Come visit us Prolific Publishing, Inc.
Reichart is offline   Reply With Quote