View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 05:31 PM   #26
SunKing
Registered

Overall - I think the goldfish aquarium looks awesome! My first impressions of the demo (unregistered) are almost the same as Lostboy's:

Originally posted by Lostboy

The Fish:
1) The fish aesthetics look great. Near perfection.
2) I love how they swim a lot from the background to the foreground and vice versa, so they're not always on a side view like the MA.
3) Their AI is pretty good, except that when they come to the sides or bottom of the tank, they always bump themselves. I'd be great if they'd slow down before slamming into the side.
At first, I thought I'd caught a bug. Then I realized, D'oh - I'm sure they wanted it to look that way. It's sort of funny. Like a real goldfish must do that 1,000 times a day. ...poor little things.

Originally posted by Lostboy

3) The plants are great compared to just a still picture of plants. However, when they do flow I have movement lines flowing through it (don't know how to explain it), which makes it look unreal.
4) The option of adding or removing the plants is great.
I suppose my biggest complaint would be the plants. Especially the long grass on the right. The 'movement lines' are very distracting - no realism at all IMHO. Also, all the plants seem very blurry. They look OK if you're standing away from the screen - far away. Again, overall it's great - this is just my attempt at constructive criticism - take it for what it's worth (nearly nada).
SunKing is offline   Reply With Quote